Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

screen resolution

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i was messing around with thing and set my screen resolution to high and now my screen is black with a box that says screen resolution is to high please set to 1024x768@68hz i cant see anything to set it back to default i tried safe mode but it will not open nvidia display settings so im stuck can anyone help me please

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Uninstall the Nvidia Display Driver (from ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in the Control Panel) from Safe Mode. Then once it's uninstalled, reboot your computer. Then Windows should appear this time with a really crappy default screen resolution. Just install the Nvidia display driver again (getting the most up-to-date version from Nvidia's website) and you should be all set.

Edited by Fenor, 22 September 2008 - 07:43 AM.