Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cpu usage high, computer making noises

• Please log in to reply

mindylynn

mindylynn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It seems like my CPU usage goes up really high even with very few programs running, which is making my computer make a very loud noise...sounds like a fan is blowing or something. This did happen late last year when we made the switch from dial up to cable internet. Around march this year I had another 512mb memory stick put in and that seemed to help a lot....up until a week ago that is. Now the computer is making that loud noise again. Should I maybe upgrade both memory slots to 1gb?? Or maybe there is something else going on? I figured it was the memory since adding more months ago helped but now I don't know.

Edited by mindylynn, 22 September 2008 - 06:07 PM.

Advertisements

lem.rar

lem.rar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Try cleaning your computer, specifically the fans.