Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help this dummy!

• Please log in to reply

Pottie

Pottie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hallo Guys
Would someone out there in the wide world care to help me, please!!!
My computer start all of a sufdden to make a bleeping noise,like tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut tut the whole time, I ve tried everything, as in defrag,error checking on drive c via the tool on properties, cleaned the registry with CCleaner, very deep scans on drive C with Trnd to detsct anything funny, also scanned with Microsoft tool for Malware on numeruous times, but everything is coming out clean!!!!!!!!!
On the forums at www.bleepingcomputer.com they have a there a article how to get rid of it,from there I`ve followed the instructions very carefully and installed something called KillBox.
As soon as I use the tool, that is supposae to solve my problem, there a message popping up on my screen saying that the path to the file is deleted or someting similar, cant remember exactley what!!!!
Would anyone please give me some advice please beforte I lost the bit of sanity that I got!!!
Yhank You,
Pierre

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Please explain further. Like you turn your pc on and it starts beeping? or what. and exactly when did this problem start happening? Did you recently install somthing before this problem started happening? Also, exactly what are the specs of your computer? (make/model number, etc)?

Pottie

Pottie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I`ve installed a few programs from microsofts website, but have uninstall it in order to get rid of te problem, except for IE8 Beta what I am using now
Specs:
Fabrication: ACER
Windows XP Pro
Version 2002
SP2
Intel R Pentium 4
CPU 2.60 Ghz
0,99 Ram
80 Gb HDrive
Also a 20 digit nr on Properties My Computer/Desktop, dont know if you need that!!!
The problem started about a day after I`ve done the ib=nstalations of the programs that I get id of in the meantime, at first the beeping sound,
and the computer crashes a few times then.
Dont know what I`ve done, but the problem then seems to be solved for a day or 2, and then start all of a sudden again, this time without crashing, but now it never goes away.
Begin as soon as I start up, and will only go away after I`ve shut down, however there are times when it will go away for 3-5 seconds, for instance when I wait for a video on ex. youtube to download.

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Are you sure nothing is resting on any of the keys on the keyboard lol. that may be causing that sound?

Pottie

Pottie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Nope, I`ve already looked at that possibility but it doesnt look like it, got a wireless keyboard and mouse

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
There is a good chance it is an alarm siren, telling that your cpu is overheating. Some motherboards let the alarm go off when the cpu is really hot. ASUS motherboards usually. Download some free cpu temp reading software and post how hot yours is running.

Try Speedfan.

-Tony

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Could you post the link that you had to Bleeping Computer?

Pottie

Pottie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Unfortunarely I cant find the link, however the link to the site to download killbox and all the help file:
http://www.killbox.net/

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
In Killbox, did you browse your way correctly to the file that you want to delete? Did you ever had a chance to do that or did killbox failed even before you started browsing.

If you know exactly what you have to delete but the problem is with Killbox, you can try Unlocker (a link in the list below).