Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows Experts please

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, I have got myself a external portable hard drive. I plugged it in to my pc, and it recognises saying found new hardware trekstor hard drive etc, but then asks for the cdrom - Found new hardware wizard - and is asking for the cd rom to install it.

The installation autorun things are already on the drive and should autorun. I thought it was something to do with the harddrive.

Anyway i plugged it into my laptop, and what do you know, it recognises it, installs automatically, and is ready to go.

I just wanted to know is there anything i can do on my pc settings to somehow install automatically by the setup thats already on the portable harddrive instead of having to do it manually kind of thing.

When it says would you like to install the software automatically, it just looks for a cd rom, when i try to do it manually, it can't find the external hardrive with the autorun stuff on it so im stuck.

Please help guys!!!