Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open certain websites on computer

• Please log in to reply

yustarn

yustarn

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey there, I'm having a problem opening up many sites on my laptop. I have my homepage set as Yahoo and it will open Yahoo, but will not search or let me log into email. I cannot get onto MSN Hotmail either. There are quite a few sites that are not opening or taking an excessive amount of time to open. I downloaded Mozilla browser to see if it was IE, but that is having the same problem. Any help at this point would be grately appreciated! Thanks much, Tyler

I'm running Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Advertisements

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
I am going to say perhaps your host file has been changed and/or you have a spyware/malware infection which has messed up your windsock perhaps.

You probably need to go ahead and hit the "Malware" thread and read the instructions on posting a Hijack log near the top. That way we can determine whether or not it is caused by malware.