Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 using my Laptops wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

Mr Joe

Mr Joe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK so i bought my second hand Xbox 360 the other day along with Halo 3 and Xbox live gold membership. I also bought an ethernet cable after finding out that one was not supplied with the console. :)

My router is alllll the was downstairs and my mum would prefer it if i didnt run a cable through the house to connect them and so i am trying to connect my xbox to my laptop so that it can use its internet connection thus saving me £60

I was following these intructions (http://www.geekstogo...-XP-t92406.html) and many others in other such forums. However, every walkthrough i have come across all came upon a common problem.
My Wirless internet connection properties DOES NOT have a box to tick for ICS. If i try the same thing on Local Area Connection it DOES have a box to tick but when i press OK it says this:

''An error occured while internet connection sharing was being enabled
The specified service does not exist as an installed service''

Does anyone know what this means??? Thanks for any help you could provide in getting my Xbox Live up and running!

Thanks again :)

Advertisements

ashter

ashter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok first of all what kind of system are you running if i knew that i might be able to help ya...