Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Want to buy a new motherboard

• Please log in to reply

X-Field

X-Field

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I want to buy a new motherboard, beside the physical size of the board what other things should i check to make sure it will work in my current computer case. I am also buying a new processor, i just want to make sure my current case,RAM, and drives will still work with the new board

Advertisements

=OSS*ROID=

=OSS*ROID=

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Please list your case, ram, and the processor, and the board u want. If u list ur specs, we could help u find a good motherboard. But you will want to make sure that your motherboard supports the stuff u put on it. Like if i got a core 2 duo or DDR3 ram and the board doesnt support it, the parts wont work. So the key is to make sure everything is compatible. Chhers :)

X-Field

X-Field

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The processor i am wanting to get is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000, my current RAM is 2gb DDR2, not sure about the opitical drive though, i'm new to this, trying to build a gaming computer on a budget. Pretty sure most of if not all my stuff is DDR2. Case i am using now is an eMachine series W3622. As for the motherboard, looking for an Asus around $100-$150 with a decent chipset. I've already learned that finding a cheap mb without a video chipset is hard.

Model
Brand AMD
Processors Type Desktop
Series Athlon 64 X2
Model ADX6000CZBOX
CPU Socket Type
CPU Socket Type Socket AM2
Tech Spec
Core Windsor
Multi-Core Dual-Core
Name Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Operating Frequency 3.0GHz
Hyper Transports 2000MHz
L1 Cache 128KB+128KB
L2 Cache 2 x 1MB
Manufacturing Tech 90 nm
64 bit Support Yes
Hyper-Transport Support Yes
Virtualization Technology Support Yes
Multimedia Instruction MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNOW! Professional
Voltage 1.35-1.4V
Thermal Power 125W
Cooling Device Heatsink and Fan included

Edited by X-Field, 23 September 2008 - 09:02 PM.

=OSS*ROID=

=OSS*ROID=

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813131331. This is a good motherboard and it supports the stuff u have. If you want, u could list ur budget and we could put together a good system for you. Cheers :)