Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word freezing

• Please log in to reply

luckiesal

luckiesal

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey Guys

I have just deleted the files "verclsid.exe" off my computer and rebooted.

IT WORKED :whistling:

Thank you very much for your help and just for the record I HATE Microsoft updates :blink: .

:help:

Advertisements

anstar30

anstar30

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Disconnect from the internet, disable your anti virus programme, check it has stopped running with task manager, then try Word

When I disconnected from the internet, word did not freeze up when trying to save. When I connected back to the internet, word froze again. So do you know why this is happening. This computer is connected to a network at a school district so it is connected to the internet all the time.

clarkaz

clarkaz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
removed advice on editing the registry

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
open word. Go to tool, options. click on the File Locations tab. Look to see if there are any drive mappings listed that are not local. If there is something listed that is on the network, then you can select and then modify.