Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes 8 Problem

• Please log in to reply

hysteria

hysteria

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Hi,

I recently updated my iTunes from version 7 to 8.

It ran okay. I closed it out. Went to work. Came home and tried to open the program again.

And saw this:

Posted Image

I bet you can just see the bewildered look on my face when I saw that.

So like it asked, I restarted my computer. When I came back to the desktop, and tried to open iTunes...

It would just show me that over and over and it's still doing it.

If you click cancel it just shuts the program off completely. iTunes won't even load, I just see the above image.

Now here's what I know: uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling old versions won't work, it says that since it's been updated to 8, older versions cannot be installed - because they can't read the new log files or something --- great, right?

I also know that if you uninstall it and reinstall version 8 - it'll work again..

One time.

And then it will bring you back to this window I keep seeing (after it's been closed out the one time).

All of my music is still there, Thank Bejeezus. But it's very frustrating. All I want to do is update my iPod and listen to music.

Version 7 ran great.

What's the deal with 8?

I don't know if this matters, but also when I originally tried to pin the icon to my start menu, after one right click to the .exe file of iTunes - it would bring me to that window asking me to restart. And it would not pin the icon anywhere.

What's going on???? :)

Please help! I've googled iTunes 8 and Windows Vista (i.e. - reading material) - but I'm not having this blue screen of death scenario -- I have a unique problem as far as I know.

:)

Thank you in advance!

Edited by hysteria, 23 September 2008 - 03:54 PM.

Advertisements

daftmoul

daftmoul

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i duno wts rong mate,,

ive just installed itunes 8 from 7

and now it wont connect to the itunes storee,,

but i dont fink i can help u sorryc
x

x