Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

broke laptop

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
i just got this free kinda old(but sticker on it says it runs xp) gateway laptop, however it wont turn on. the lights(number lock, scroll lock, etc.) on it will flash for a split second, when a, not the, power cord is in and thats it. Also, the screen has two wires not connected to anything, but another wire(s) that connects by like a port thing looks fine. Sorry, i know I'm a noob, but i just started a class on pc repair. anyway, i was wondering what/where the first thing to check would be...

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

when a, not the, power cord is in and thats it

And what does this mean?

Wires unhooked at display would most likely be needed. Probably something with the display.

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
sorry i didn't know how to explain. He didn't give me a power cord, so i Ive been using one i just happened to have layin around....thanks, i just have to figure out where the wires plug in...