Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

image manipulation

• Please log in to reply

loser

loser

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
how did they get the flower in the upper right in there?

http://www.namaste-yoga.net/

it is going over the boundries of stuff
i want to do that but dont know how
thanks 1,000,000
L

Advertisements

ClapSnap

ClapSnap

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
They split the flower into 2 or more different images, but its placed so that when all those images come together on a website it gives it that effect as if its just chilling ontop of everything.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
more likely they made the image transparent or possibly even did it as a vector graphic....not really much to it...you just remove the background...add your drop shadow and save it in a format that supports transparency

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
I think ClapSnap is right. When designing web pages like that, the main window/background can be created as a jpeg, which is then broken into seperate pieces in photoshop before being pieced back together in Dreamweaver. The dynamic elements (such as text, etc) can be added later. But from experience I know that you can break up an image and then repiece it later in Dreamweaver to obtain such effects.

wils09

wils09

• Pip
  • 5 posts
clapsnap is right.
they split them in too and just made sure they would be aligned when posted up.

malberini

malberini

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

If you look at the source, you will see that this particular website seems to have been built in FrontPage.

The heading image has not been split, and you see it here: http://www.namaste-y...aste-header.jpg

The image is placed in a cell within a table. The other cells have been given the exact background color as the image. This is easily achived in FrontPage by using the color dropper to choose the cell color. You just point and click it on the exact spot of the color you want to match.

The menu buttons are part of the heading image and to hyperlink them they have used HotSpot (sort of small layers that you create and shape to cover whatever area you want to hyperlink).

In FrontPage there are different ways you can build this type of website structure:

- SHARED BORDERS - Heading, side menu, or bottom bar common to all pages

- INLINE FRAMES - Sort of windows in a page, where you can have other pages appear by clicking menu buttons (placed anywhere on that page or a shared border)

- FRAMES - A page that is actually composed by two or more "windows" (frames).

If you need any more help let me know, I'll be happy to assist.

Edited by malberini, 26 September 2009 - 11:52 AM.