Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Problem

• Please log in to reply

Alkamar

Alkamar

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I recently bought a Toshiba Satellite 1415-S105, and reinstalled the operating system.

I have gotten everything to work with installing the drivers, except the wireless which seems to be detected in device manager, however I am unable to install the drivers for it. When running the setup for the drivers it says that it was successful on installing. But it doesn't work and device manager still detects a Ethernet controller.

The driver package I'm using I found on some driver site, because Toshiba does not have the 1415-s105 listed.

Anyway the package I'm using was said to be compatible with that model number. it's called "s193wlanx.exe"

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
The driver for your wireless adapter can be found HERE, which is from the Toshiba website. I did a google search for '1415-S105 wireless driver site:toshiba.com' without the apostrophes of course.

Give it a try and see if the outcome is the same.

Fenor

Alkamar

Alkamar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
actually that is the same driver that I tried to install before.

Anyone else have an idea?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
When you ran that file, did it extract the files somewhere? If so, go into the Device Manager and right-click your wireless device and choose UPDATE DRIVER and make it search in the folder where the files were extracted to.

Fenor

Alkamar

Alkamar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I tried that aswell a little while ago, it didn't work either. :/

After extracting the files and telling it to look in that directory it just came up with the same thing it tells me when it searches online for drivers, that it couldn't be installed.

Alkamar

Alkamar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Problem solved, found out from the seller that he upgraded the wireless card. Found the correct drivers by looking at the chipset name, and DL the drivers it works perfect now.

Thanks for everyones help on trying to help me solve this problem.