Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CAN'T INSTALL WINDOWS!

• Please log in to reply

LGB86

LGB86

• Pip
  • 2 posts
because the the one i replace wold not start up it seemed to me as if it crashed or something but the window version on it was vista, so i got the new hard drive and i'm now gonna install xp professional, when i put the os cd in everything run but then it say no storage mass found or something like that, what the actual problem?????

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi LGB86! Welcome to G2G!

This is occuring because you need to put the drivers for your Hard Drive onto a CD (or floppy or even usb stick), then during the initial setup (the blue screen where all the drivers are being loaded) you have to hit F6 to install the third party drivers. This will allow setup to detect your hard drive during the installation of Windows. The drivers you need you can get from your motherboard manufacturer's website.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 24 September 2008 - 01:10 PM.

LGB86

LGB86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks, ok i went to the website that allowed me to download the drivers in iso and burn to a disk right, so when i put the os cd in the driver and the bluse screen pops up i immediatly press f6 but when i do that i wait till its done loding and everthing this message show up say press s to specify additional devices so i press s and it say setup could not find floppy drive. in the bios i have the cdrom as the first thing to boot from. why is it looking for a floppy drive? is this even fixable?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Before hitting 's' try swapping CD's to the one with the driver on it, and then hitting the 's' key. If that doesn't work and you have a floppy drive, try putting the files from the CD you created onto the floppy drive and then putting the floppy disk in just before you hit the 's' key.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
The link HERE gives step-by-step instructions on how to create a new Windows CD that integrates the drivers for your hard drive.

Fenor