Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fair price for site maintenance?

• Please log in to reply

stearmandriver

stearmandriver

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi,

So I got roped into designing a site for my homeowners association. I didn't charge anything for the design/setup since it was a learning experience for me, but they want me on contract to maintain it, and I figure my time's worth a little, anyway. But I've never done this professionally and have no idea what a fair price would be. My two concerns are:

1. Not too severely undercutting people who do this stuff for a living, while...
2. Still giving a fair discount to my association since I'm really NOT a professional at this, and probably don't turn out professional-level work.

The site is:
www.myoldoaks.com

If anyone could take a look and offer a suggestion on an hourly or monthly rate, that'd be great. Maintenance would mostly just involve database updates. The bulletins on the homepage are currently entered by the association pres via an update page... I may eventually build that capability into the rest of the site, but for now I'll be doing all other database updates myself.

Thanks guys...
Joe

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry, but TOU prevents discussing business rates or soliciting of any kind.

stearmandriver

stearmandriver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Ah, that's right, sorry. I wasn't thinking in those terms since I wasn't trying to drum up business, but I understand.