Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Big network problem. I am losing my mind!

• Please log in to reply

jennifer_stevens

jennifer_stevens

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please help i am at my wits end trying to figure out what is wrong with my network. We are running 3 computers, 2 of them wired to the router, 1 of them wirless connection. we also 2 cell phones that run throught the network because we have Tmobile Hot spot service. And we also have a Wii console, but it is off most of the time. All computer are running vista. we have a Dlink router and cable internet. about a week ago all 3 computers started acting weird. They would say they are connected to the internet and to the network, but will get intermitten internet connection. But it is weird, you can get to some web pages, but then others you will just get a "page cannot be displayed" and the other weird thing is when you do get to a web page, alot of times all the grafix will be red X's. And there will be the yellow triangle witht he exclimation mark on the status bar at the bottom of the page. What in the bloody bleep is going on!? My hubby has checked and rechecked all the settings on everything, although nothing had been changed when this started happening and it was working fine. Our cable company did trouble shooting with us and said the problem had to be our router. We called Tmoble (they gave us the router) and they said our router must be broke and they will give us another if we sign another 2 year contract (NOT!). So what on earth can it be? I do not want to buy another router if it is just some stupid little thing we are overlooking or some kind of virus or trojan. Any ideas? Anyone? Thank you so much in advance.!

Advertisements