Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound output on board

• Please log in to reply

ai6908

ai6908

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have a abit motherboard, that I got last week. I have installed the audio drivers that came with the motherboard. I get the sound icon in my taskbar. But the problem is, I am not getting sound ouput from the on board line out. But, I do get sound ouput from the case front sound outlet. Can this be a defective motherboard, or do I need to install an updated driver or something? Please help. Thank you.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
What do you mean by 'case front sound outlet'? Do you mean that the system beeps once when powered up (in which case thats the system speaker) or do you get proper sound output in windows?

If you are getting proper sound in windows but only from front speaker, then I think I may know what the problem is but I need you to tell me a couple of things first :

1. what motherboard do you have? (make & model)

2. If you go into device manager (control panel->system->hardware->device manager) & look under the multimedia entry, can you tell me what is listed there?

ai6908

ai6908

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Samm, thanks for the reply. I had some other problems with that motherboard. So I have returned it. Its Abit KV-80, i guess. Thinking of buying ASUS this time.

Anyhow, system beeps good. No problem there. The mobo on board line out is not working. I think it recognizes that there is speakers hooked into it. But it just dont give sound output. No sweat as its back to the store. Thanks once again.

What do you mean by 'case front sound outlet'? Do you mean that the system beeps once when powered up (in which case thats the system speaker) or do you get proper sound output in windows?

If you are getting proper sound in windows but only from front speaker, then I think I may know what the problem is but I need you to tell me a couple of things first :

1. what motherboard do you have? (make & model)

2. If you go into device manager (control panel->system->hardware->device manager) & look under the multimedia entry, can you tell me what is listed there?

View Post