Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot do anythign with the computer

• Please log in to reply

taz_dude

taz_dude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All,
I am trying to fix a computer for a friend and I am having serious problems being able to help it. I dont know if it is spyware or what.

Basically I cannot run any programs because i get a program.exe is not a valid win32 application this happens with any EXE file I try, this even means I cannot run HJT either. I can't use the internet very well because every address that gets typed in the browser get jumped and redirected to some advertisment sites. I can't even restart in safe mode because tapping the F8 key does not give me the boot up options I need it just gives me the drives I can boot with! apprentley iv'e read that it's not good to force a computer to boot in safe mode if it does not give you the option too

I don't know what else I can try, I have to type this from a different computer as its impossible to do anything on the infected one.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Hey taz_dude,

Welcome to GeekstoGo! I'm Ltangelic and I'll be helping you fix your computer problem.

Take note that I'm still in training, and my posts will have to be checked by an expert. This may cause delays in between my responses, I ask for your patience. Please stick with me until we get your computer cleaned up or it will be a wasted effort on both sides. :)

As a start, please do the following:

Please download Exefix_xp.com to your desktop.
Double-Click on it to run it.

PS. If I've not been responding, and you wonder why, feel free to PM me and I'll give an explanation.

Edited by Ltangelic, 26 September 2008 - 09:08 AM.