Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Alert on Toolbar

• Please log in to reply

zoso5536

zoso5536

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi I searched the forums here to try to figure out what to do but nothing seemed to work. Like some other people here my computer got infected with something that puts the virus alert in my toolbar next to the clock, which is now military time. Also, I keep getting messages that my system is vulnerable and to install programs to clean my computer. I tried using spyware and my anti-virus software to get it out but have had no luck. I tried to follow the steps in the other topic but I keep getting error messages about not being able to create registries when I try to install Malware and ERUNT. I didn't want to try to post a log without doing these steps, but I am unsure how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
Hello zoso5536, and welcome to Geeks To Go! My name is Dave and I'll be helping you remove the infections from your computer. Please be aware that I'm still a trainee here, which means my instructions have to be approved by an expert before I give them to you, so there may be a slight delay between my replies. Please take note of a few points that will help the fix go smoothly:
  • If you would like to receive email notifications when I reply to this topic, please click on Options at the top right corner of the topic and click on Track this topic. Select Immediate Email Notification and click Proceed.
  • Don't be afraid to ask questions if you're unsure about anything! There are no dumb questions here :)
  • Open notepad (Start -> Run, type notepad, press enter). Click on Format at the top and uncheck Word Wrap if it's on, this will make your logs mch easier for me to read.
  • Please follow only the instructions that I post to you exactly as I give them, trying to fix things on your own will only make it harder for me to figure out what's going on with your computer.
I'll have instructions for you as soon as they're approved.

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
Hi zoso -

I'd like you to return one more time to this thread: You must read this before posting a HijackThis log. Please try again to follow the procedures there, oftentimes the problems you experienced are temporary and a second run of the tool will go okay, and if we can get those to run it will make our cleaning process much easier. Try each step and record the details of any problems you have. Post back here with those details as well as the log from HijackThis that you got in step #5.

- Dave

zoso5536

zoso5536

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Dave-
Thanks for your help. I tried Malwarebytes again and it worked, and most of the stuff seems to be out of the system. The virus alert in the toolbar is gone and I'm not getting any messages. I just want to see if there is anything else that's still in the system so here is the log. I think I followed the directions correctly. Also, I keep getting messages that there are bad images whenever I click on an icon, but everything goes on normally after I get the message. My desktop also seems to not be working right. The screen is white, and it seems to be covering my normal background. When I had the alerts coming up there was a background that must have come with the trojan, but it's gone now and has been replaced with just a white screen. Thanks again for your help.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:07:56 PM, on 9/26/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Auvi USB Phone\USB Phone PCIP06.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\McTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\HidFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.bc.edu/bcinfo
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;<local>;*.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {22536C60-9BB9-4EFD-BA38-5F856ECA35F7} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\byXPHwXp.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {97ee3b87-d9bf-4653-a83f-13bcd83c5a04} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\zusidebi.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F77BBE3B-9C38-47F6-99D7-B79B453D0F50} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\khfEurPg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowLOMControl] 
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyE] C:\Program Files\Auvi USB Phone\USB Phone PCIP06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [yukosotupa] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wibopovo.dll",s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent] "C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe" --force_start_minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_8 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [yukosotupa] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wibopovo.dll",s (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [yukosotupa] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wibopovo.dll",s (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [yukosotupa] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wibopovo.dll",s (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [yukosotupa] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wibopovo.dll",s (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: dlbcserv.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell Photo Printer 720\dlbcserv.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.bc.edu/bcinfo
O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5) - http://upload.facebo...toUploader5.cab
O16 - DPF: {3EA4FA88-E0BE-419A-A732-9B79B87A6ED0} (CTVUAxCtrl Object) - http://dl.tvunetworks.com/TVUAx.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: ,C:\WINDOWS\system32\royetuki.dll crjdgi.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: khfEurPg - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\khfEurPg.dll
O21 - SSODL: onfwbsak - {538C7F46-A8C2-4BDF-8640-90F4ED79A1B5} - C:\WINDOWS\onfwbsak.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Boonty Games - BOONTY - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BOONTY Shared\Service\Boonty.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee McShield (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Manager (McTaskManager) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless SSO Service (WLANKEEPER) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe (file missing)
O24 - Desktop Component 0: Privacy Protection - (no file)

--
End of file - 10063 bytes

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
Hey zoso -

Glad you were able to get MBAM to run. You're right that it took care of a lot, but we still have some fixing to do before you're clean.

1. SmitfraudFix

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) to your Desktop.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, double-click on SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.
A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Warning : running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.

2. VundoFix

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log in a reply to this thread.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

3. Lop Search & Destroy

Download Lop S&D and save it to your desktop.
Note: Before running this program, please disable all your active protetion programs so they don't interfere. Use this page for reference if you don't know how.
  • Double-click Lop S&D.exe to run it.
  • Choose the language, then choose Option 1 (Search).
  • Allow the scan to complete.
  • Post the log which is created, located at C:\lopR.txt.

Please post back with the logs from:
  • SmitfraudFix - C:\rapport.txt
  • VundoFix - C:\vundofix.txt
  • Lop S&D - C:\lopR.txt

- Dave

zoso5536

zoso5536

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Dave-
I am having some trouble running the Smitfraudfix. I am getting Windows into Safe Mode, but when I click on the .exe I just get a command prompt screen that I can't type anything into and then there is a folder of random .exes that I can click. How should I proceed? I didn't want to just start clicking on random things, I assume that would only lead to more problems. Thanks.

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
Hi zoso -

There's a couple things that could be causing that problem, here's what I'd like you to try:

1. Move smitfraudfix.exe from your desktop directly to C:\ so it's now located at C:\smitfraudfix.exe.
2. Does the account you're using have administrator privileges? You can check on this in the User Accounts section of your control panel. If the account you're using isn't administrator, run the program from an account that is.

So move the program to C:\, boot into safe mode, log in as an administrator, and then double click to run it in its new location. If SmitfraudFix works, you can also continue with the rest of the instructions from my last post for VundoFix and Lop S&D.

- Dave

zoso5536

zoso5536

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Dave
I tried putting the .exe into the C drive, and my account is that Administrator account. I still encountered the same problem. All that happened was that I got a command prompt window, and a folder was put in the C drive with a bunch of different icons I could click on. I clicked on the download link in your post, found that on the desktop, then put into the C drive. From there I rebooted in Safe Mode, clicked on it and then I received the command prompt window and the folder. Did I screw something up in that process?

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
Zoso -

Sorry for the delay. Something on your computer is interfering with SmitfraudFix, so we're going to leave it for now and continue on cleaning the rest of the malware. Please follow my instructions from above for running VundoFix and Lop S&D, here they are again for your convenience:

1. VundoFix

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log in a reply to this thread.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

2. Lop Search & Destroy

Download Lop S&D and save it to your desktop.
Note: Before running this program, please disable all your active protetion programs so they don't interfere. Use this page for reference if you don't know how.
  • Double-click Lop S&D.exe to run it.
  • Choose the language, then choose Option 1 (Search).
  • Allow the scan to complete.
  • Post the log which is created, located at C:\lopR.txt.

Please post back with the logs from:
  • VundoFix - C:\vundofix.txt
  • Lop S&D - C:\lopR.txt

- Dave

zoso5536

zoso5536

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Dave,
I ran the VundoFix program and it said that it didn't find anything so there was no log for me to post. Also, I don't seem to be having any luck with the Lop program. I have my anti-virus shut off but when the program starts I just get a please wait message that never goes anywhere. I have tried rebooting and trying again multiple times but still no luck. I'm unsure how to proceed. Anyway, here is the HiJackThis log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 00:38:52, on 9/30/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lexpps.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\HidFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\McTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.bc.edu/bcinfo
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.bc.edu/bcinfo
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 128.113.226.235:3128
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;;*.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {97ee3b87-d9bf-4653-a83f-13bcd83c5a04} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\zusidebi.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowLOMControl] 
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyE] C:\Program Files\Auvi USB Phone\USB Phone PCIP06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [yukosotupa] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wibopovo.dll",s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent] "C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe" --force_start_minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_8 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [yukosotupa] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wibopovo.dll",s (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [yukosotupa] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wibopovo.dll",s (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [yukosotupa] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wibopovo.dll",s (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [yukosotupa] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wibopovo.dll",s (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: dlbcserv.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell Photo Printer 720\dlbcserv.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.bc.edu/bcinfo
O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5) - http://upload.facebo...toUploader5.cab
O16 - DPF: {3EA4FA88-E0BE-419A-A732-9B79B87A6ED0} (CTVUAxCtrl Object) - http://dl.tvunetworks.com/TVUAx.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\royetuki.dll crjdgi.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Boonty Games - BOONTY - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BOONTY Shared\Service\Boonty.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee McShield (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Manager (McTaskManager) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless SSO Service (WLANKEEPER) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe (file missing)
O24 - Desktop Component 0: Privacy Protection - (no file)

--
End of file - 9583 bytes

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
Zoso -

Sorry for the frustration with not making much progress so far, hopefully a bigger hammer will help us get our foot in the door against this bugger:

1. Download and run ComboFix

Download Combofix from any of the links below. You must rename it before saving it. Save it to your desktop. In the event that you already have ComboFix, please delete all older copies and download the newest version.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now please go to this website and follow the procedures detailed there to run ComboFix. Ignore the part about downloading and saving the file, use the renamed copy you downloaded.

Note: These instructions include installing the Windows XP Recovery Console.
Please do not overlook this vital step, because without it any problems created by the removal of malware from your computer will be difficult or impossible to fix. Once you have installed the Recovery Console, when you reboot your computer, you'll see the option for the Recovery Console now as well. Don't select Recovery Console as we don't need it. By default, your main Operating System is selected there. The screen will stay for 2 seconds and then your computer will continue booting as normal.

Once ComboFix has finished running, a notepad containing the program's log should appear. If it does not appear automatically, it can be found at C:\ComboFix.txt. Please post the contents of that log in your next reply.

- Dave

zoso5536

zoso5536

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Dave,
I apologize for the length of time it has taken me to reply. I was taken away from this computer for work for the past two weeks and have been unable to reply. Sadly, I have not had much luck with ComboFix. I downloaded and renamed it like your instructions said. I followed the other thread, but when I put the Windows thing onto ComboFix to get the Recovery console, it doesn't work and I just get a series of bad image messages. I tried to restart my computer to see if the recovery console was there but it wasn't. I tried to use ComboFix but the same thing happened and I wasn't able to get anywhere. I'm not sure how to proceed, sorry again for taking so long to respond.