Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Start Bar! Computer Stucks!

• Please log in to reply

mokdon777

mokdon777

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Please help me.
Yesterday my ZoneAlarm with AntiVirus Advanced started an automatic scan, and found a few viruses. The AntiVirus says it took care of them, so I terminated the scan, and later I started it again. It finished completly, and found 5 more viruses. I searched in Zone Laboraties website, and they can't find that virus in their Database. I can't remember it's name. Now I logged in today on my computer, worked a bit in Microsoft Word Professional 2003, and then- It stuck after some 20 minutes, I coulden't CTRL+ALT+DELETE, so I restarted it. Now the "Start" Toolbar is gone, and there is a black line instead. I scanned with adaware after updating it, found 56 Infections, fixed them, but of course, no help. The biggest problem- I can't download anything with ZoneAlarm turned on, so I need to turn it off? How???? The bar is gone! Which means I can't download HijackThis or anything.and here comes another problem: zone alarm makes the download stuck in a certain amount of size downloaded . when I try to download now, the download windows appears, but the time remaining, the size remaining and the bar which inicade the download procces are g-o-n-e... Please....Help.... By the way, all those viruses were in a temp folder. My connection is 56K, so I guess it coulden't download too big files.

Sorry for my bad English,

mokdon77

Advertisements