Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Troube wih getting IP adress

• Please log in to reply

Alim

Alim

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Good day.
I am having problem with Getting IP adress on the Laptop. The Laptop itself is Samsung P28 do not have wireless card installed in it, so i bought Netgear USB Wireless adapter.
I installed it succesfully on laptop. The problem is that when i connect to Any wireless network in range it can not get new IP adress.It can see all networks perfectly fine but can not connect to them. The same probelm when i connect to a Cable Network. When i checked IP adress tab it was all 0.0.0.0.0. In settings i set to get IP adress automaticly.The notebook itself have WIndows XP installed on it and it was brought from Moscow so language in which Windows is different. At first i tried getting help at my University computer center. I payed them 75$ for repair. in a couple of days got a call that they can not do anything because of Windows being in diff language and they need english OS. When i asked if they can purchase one on 75$ i already paid they told me it that money was only for "taking a look' at my laptop. I was really pissed. So now im hoping i can resolve this problem with your help.
I did following trying to repair it.
1) Enabling/Disabling connection.
2) Usinng the "Repair" function buld in windows.
Thank you.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Are we working with a Vista or XP system?

Alim

Alim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Alim

Alim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I was able to fix problem on my own. The DHCP client was disabled. Thanks anyway for paying attention to my problem.

Alim

Alim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have additional question on this topic.
Every time i restart my laptop DHCP service is getting turned off and i have to Turn it on manually every time. What can be done about it?

Hutson Ventures

Hutson Ventures

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Is your laptop still not in English? If so would you prefer that it is?