Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Streets & Trips

• Please log in to reply

szanghi

szanghi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have windows vista Home Premium, HP Pavilion DV6700 laptop. I had Microsoft Streets and trips 2006 which worked most of the time. I would occassionally get an error saying "your registry setting for this application was not copied correctly. run setup again for this application from the location where you originally installed it.

I figured I would buy the new 2008 version and things would be great, but I was wrong. I can't get it to work, I get the same error as above. I have uninstalled the old version and the new version multiple times and tried to re-install it and I keep getting the same old message. Thinking that maybe something was left in the registry I used several registry cleaners to make sure there was nothing left, but still the same error. I have tried all the suggestions on Microsoft's site. I even did several live chats with Microsoft and each time am reffered to another URL. This URL wants me to pay $ 35.00 more, for their program to work. I bought the program and have their OS on my machine and they want me to give them more money. I am at a loss for words.

I have uninstalled, ran registry cleaners, defraged and then re-installed only to get the same message PLEASE HELP

Advertisements