Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop keyboard/touchpad doesn't work.

• Please log in to reply

appelzoftheblade

appelzoftheblade

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not sure if this is in the right section but, here goes.

Right, so I turned off my laptop and came back to turn it on after 1 hour. Now, the keyboard and touchpad work fine UNTIL the welcome screen, where if I press any of the letters, the entire bottom half of the laptop (function button, letters, pretty much everything except monitor) becomes disabled. During that time, however, I can use a USB mouse. Any help on this?

P.S. I have a password on my computer so I can't even get past the welcome screen.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi appelzoftheblade! Welcome to G2G!

Plug a USB Keyboard into the laptop so that you can type and login. Then go to the laptop manufacturer's website and download the keyboard/touchpad drivers and install them and reboot. Once rebooted you should be fine again.

Fenor