Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Images in attached word docs

• Please log in to reply

parrothead16

parrothead16

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
This is happening sporadically throughout my company. Hopefully someone knows an easy fix for me. I am using Outlook 2003, Word 2000. When I receive a Word doc that has a .jpg in it, ie. our company logo on the top of the page, the image does not show up. An outline box appears and has a red x inside it. Nothing I have tried has produced the logo. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this? I believe this holds true for .gif and .tiff images, too.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try this:

It has to do with the Outlook Temporary Items folder. Close Outlook before preceding to the steps below.

1. Locate the Outlook Temporary Items folder by opening the Registry and finding HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Sec­urity. Double click on the OutlookSecureTempFolder key.
2. Right click the Value Data field and select Copy. It should be in the form of %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK6 where OLK6 is some randomly generated string that always starts with OLK.
3. Open Windows Explorer, paste in the Address field and press Enter (or select GO). You will be navigated to this folder.
4. Select All the files in this folder and Delete.
5. Launch Outlook. The images should now appear in the Email.

Hope that helps.

parrothead16

parrothead16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
pip22,
Thanks for the suggestion but this did not solve my issue. I will keep it in mind if something similar arises in the future though. I was thinking this was a problem with Word. Any other thoughts????