Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Alert in Taskbar

• Please log in to reply

psp007

psp007

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Virus Alert in Taskbar next to time and my drives seem to have disappeared. I looked at some of the topics and looks like malware. I am using a Windows XP Home Edition OS.
Can someone please guide me as to where do I begin with the cleanup?

Advertisements

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
Hello psp007 and welcome to Geeks to Go! My is Dave and I'll be helping you to clean your computer.

The first thing I need you to do is go to this link and follow the instructions there: You must read this before posting a HijackThis log. These are some preliminary steps designed to deal with the most common problems. If you follow the procedures and your problems disappear, then great - let us know of your success. If you're still having trouble when you get to Step 5 - Posting a HijackThis (HJT) log, follow the steps for downloading and creating a log with HJT. Then post that log here in a reply to this thread so I can take a look at it and get an idea of what's going on with your computer.

- Dave

psp007

psp007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Dave for the advice on cleaning up the computer. I followed your steps and looks like the computer is free from the malware. I was running malware software for the last few days to make sure the computer was totally clean. Looks ok now. Is there is way to make sure that no virus or malware is hidden somewhere?

Thanks for your help and my apologizes for a late reply.