Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

External Monitor-Swaps Desktop after sleeping

• Please log in to reply

silent_n0va

silent_n0va

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
This isn't a pressing matter as I'm simply experimenting with dual monitors, but on my Vista laptop system, I typically have the desktop on the internal monitor and the extension on the external monitor, and sometimes the desktop switches to the external monitor without warning. I suspect that it is because sometimes Vista doesn't put the internal monitor to sleep when an external monitor is plugged in. Is there any way to resolve this short of keeping the external unplugged when the laptop is in sleep mode?

Advertisements

silent_n0va

silent_n0va

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Sorry, to clarify, it sometimes switches when I wake up the system.