Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

This website wont load--help!

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi folks

I am unable to load this website

http://panel.gfkirel...amp;pw=io9BaCDQ

It is a survey panel, all above board. Ive emailed them and they cannot figure out any problem at their end. Ive emailed another forum too and the replies said that they had no problem getting it to work. SO it must be my problem!

Ive tried it in Firefox and IE 7, all to no avail. Im using Vista; the laptop is pretty new. No problem with any other websites. But this just wont work.

I have broadband, and using a wireless router.

I did have a problem submitting a post longer than 8-10 lines to Wealthy Appiliate forum about 6 months ago. Again they checked it out and tried everything and to no avail. If the post was shorter there was no problem. Really weird.

My ISP webmaster cannot figure out why this should be. Im not sure if the 2 problems are connected. Someone suggested the router firewall....??? Do I have one, I dont know! Im using Vista firewall. Why would the firewall affect 1 site or 1 post?

PLEASE HELP!!!!
thanks

h

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Nothing wrong with this site, however do be advised that clicking straight onto the link logs you in and I can see your address and date of birth. Strongly recommend you edit it.

Best thing to do is try another computer on your home - just plug it it in via network cable on a friend's laptop.