Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my computer done for good

• Please log in to reply

starfires

starfires

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Last night i was playing a game when the screen froze and the buzzing type sound started ( kinda of like it was comeing from the moniter) . When i restart i get nothing besides a couple lights and this constant beeping sound which bascially sounds like the [bleep] thing is on life suport. Any thoughts?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The fact that your computer beeps is very interesting but the beeps mean something. The pattern of the beeps indicates the fault. Three short beeps? One long beep? eight beeps? Two short, one long?
Also a bit of information about your computer would be of use as well. Brand and model name if possible please.

starfires

starfires

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
its one beep every six to seven seconds from the moment i turn it on i have a emachine T3256

starfires

starfires

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
the beep itself is about 3 seconds in length

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

A repeating short beep is indicative of a bad power supply or motherboard.

As eMachines are notorious for having sub-par power supplies, I would be leaning that way.

Murray