Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Easiest way to rip this dvd..?

• Please log in to reply

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
It's a slideshow that was made for me in the form of a dvd (it also has portions of video). When I use dvd decrypter to see what files are on it, it's a bunch of .bup's, .vob's, and .ifo's. Every time I try to copy them onto a blank disc, it says an error has occured would I like to retry or skip (for all the files).

Then, I tried using camtasia studio to watch the video in media player and just use that screen capture software to record it there. There was no picture when I looked back at the recording, so I tried disabling hardware acceleration but still no picture showed up on the recordings, only sound.

Anyone know of any free software that will let me copy this dvd, or any screen capture software that can record 10 minutes of windows-media content? I'm running out of ideas =[

Advertisements

tragikk

tragikk

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
you can try a program named DVD Santa. I use that to burn movies etc onto DVD.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Make an ISO image of the CD using a program like powerISO or Alcohol 120%

Then burn the image on a blank CD and you should have an exact duplicate.