Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Antivirus 2008 Attacked - then Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

PMDiva

PMDiva

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dell Latitude D600 laptop - I realized today that there were two new icons on desktop that weren't there before (after my husband had been checking out real estate sites with my daughter - clicking on inside home views, etc.). The pop ups started indicating that computer was infected and advising that I purchase their program to solve the matter, etc., etc. I did not. I was not able to find the program to delete it and whenever I tried to do ANYTHING to get rid of it, the computer froze. Eventually the blue screen came on with message saying something was wrong, etc. and I am now without a computer. It's frozen in time. I'm not a computer whiz so I checked google and found a solution to start up in safe mode (whatever that is) and I did, tried to restore back to a date when I knew it was ok - and it would not allow the restore to complete. It just got stuck at the point where I clicked "next" to restore back to date. It appears that in safe mode all my regular icons are on my desktop - including the two virus ones - so it looks like I haven't lost anything - it's there somewhere! I've restarted 100's of times and can't get past the blue screen. Nothng will get rid of it other than to unplug from power and let battery die. Ctrl/Alt delete doesn't work. Should I just throw computer away? Probably would be more to pay to fix it than I paid for it a year ago. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thank you, thank you.

Advertisements