Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HJT Log - Malware affected Please help me cleaning!

• Please log in to reply

Ben Israel

Ben Israel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I'm new here and I think you're my last hope;
few days ago, when I navigate on internet, suddenly, appear a message who told me to download a program (XP Anti virus 2008). Because I didn't know it is a malware, it tricked me because have the Microsoft logo, and I was thkinking this message/program became from it.
After I download it, a message appear and tol me I am infected and guide me on a fake-internet page... (A page blacklisted by Google appears to be forcing people to purchase their product to revert the malware)

Appears big problems: near my clock appear the message VIRUS ALERT! (and on every folder or program, at details, appear the time and that message).
My C and D partition are not visible! (when I type C:\ or D:\ I can to navigate on it, but if I close and want to rejoin, on My computer, this C & D are missing)
Another problem appears on start menu, where "all programs" button dissapeared, and the shortcuts for My Computer, Search, Run etc.)
My taskmanager are disabled to...

I search on internet information, I downloaded all the pctools from pctools.com (spyware doctor, registry cleaner) and I installed the Norton AV 09.

After a lot of registry clean, and manual remove for some files, my task manager reappear and my "all programs" reappeared, and for My computer, run etc. I can reveal it from Start Menu->Proprieties;

I receive messages like you are inffected and suddenly start my IE (FF is my default browser but it starts it on IE), so I think I didn't kill the virus yet.

But... Virus Alert! message is still near clock and my C & D disks didn't appear... what can I do?
Please Help! I don't want to reinstall Windows because my hard have 320 Gb and I will lose a lot of data... maybe exist another method!
I copy-paste the hijack log... maybe you can help me!

I turned off the system restore...after a full system scan by norton the drives are appearing but when I restart my computer the same problem again (C and D gone, Can't open Task manager and Reg Edit, Pop-ups for every minute, Virus Alert near system clock) Then again I have to run all the process to appear registry editor and taskmanager. :)

PS: When I run HJT it gives me the log and suddenly encountering a problem and i'm forced to close HJT. :)

Please tell me if you can help me, because I think on this forum you solved problems like mine!
Thank you!

========================================================================

HJT Log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 09:31: VIRUS ALERT!, on 9/28/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.20583)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.0.0.125\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel Audio Studio\IntelAudioStudio.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Ben Israel\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Crystal Clear\YzToolbar\YzToolBar.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Crystal Clear\YzShadow\YzShadow.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Crystal Clear\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Crystal Clear\UberIcon\UberIcon Manager.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.0.0.125\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: SnagIt - {8FF5E183-ABDE-46EB-B09E-D2AAB95CABE3} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 9\SnagItIEAddin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelAudioStudio] "C:\Program Files\Intel Audio Studio\IntelAudioStudio.exe" TRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [googletalk] C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Messenger (Yahoo!)] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\Ben Israel\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe /H
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: Y'z Toolbar.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Crystal Clear\YzToolbar\YzToolBar.exe
O4 - Startup: Y'z Shadow.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Crystal Clear\YzShadow\YzShadow.exe
O4 - Startup: RocketDock.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Crystal Clear\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
O4 - Startup: UberIcon.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Crystal Clear\UberIcon\UberIcon Manager.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: Sothink SWF Catcher - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O21 - SSODL: rwlfsdmk - {29881BCF-746A-40F7-B62F-AE5047C4542B} - C:\WINDOWS\rwlfsdmk.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.0.0.125\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe

--
End of file - 8357 bytes

========================================================================

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.28
Database version: 1217
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

9/28/2008 10:35:01 AM
mbam-log-2008-09-28 (10-34-58).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 39920
Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 35 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 3
Registry Keys Infected: 11
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 17
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 11

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgGvuSkH.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\byXQgEtR.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\rwlfsdmk.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{376efd74-7aa4-44a4-9e39-e374ed3139a9} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\byxqgetr (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{376efd74-7aa4-44a4-9e39-e374ed3139a9} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{70d0722e-ca57-4368-b9a7-b88c2ea2da29} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{70d0722e-ca57-4368-b9a7-b88c2ea2da29} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9afb8248-617f-460d-9366-d71cdeda3179} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{29881bcf-746a-40f7-b62f-ae5047c4542b} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSPlugin (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{376efd74-7aa4-44a4-9e39-e374ed3139a9} (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\rwlfsdmk (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\hggvuskh -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\hggvuskh -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductId (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Bad: (VIRUS ALERT!) Good: (VIRUS-642-4406923-23606) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sTimeFormat (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Bad: (HH:mm: VIRUS ALERT!) Good: (h:mm:ss tt) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowControlPanel (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowSearch (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowHelp (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyDocs (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyComputer (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoStartMenuMorePrograms (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\StartMenuLogOff (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoDrives (Hijack.Drives) -> Bad: (12) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoToolbarCustomize (Hijack.Explorer) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSetFolders (Hijack.Explorer) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr (Hijack.TaskManager) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispCPL (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\byXQgEtR.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgGvuSkH.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HkSuvGgh.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HkSuvGgh.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hnautcll.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\llctuanh.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wvUllKEU.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\rwlfsdmk.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ben Israel\Favorites\Error Cleaner.url (Rogue.Link) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ben Israel\Favorites\Privacy Protector.url (Rogue.Link) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ben Israel\Favorites\Spyware&Malware Protection.url (Rogue.Link) -> No action taken.

=======================================================================

Thanks to you guys.... I followed these steps now my system is super clean....whew.....!! Thanks again guys! You Rock!! :)

Edited by Ben Israel, 27 September 2008 - 11:12 PM.

Advertisements