Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

assets.loomia.com

• Please log in to reply

diyasdaddy

diyasdaddy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everybody,
I am a teacher who received some old but quite good donated Compaq computers with Windows 2000 on them.
I bought a hub and hooked up seven of them to the school board LAN in my classroom. Everything was fine until yesterday when five of them started behaving very strangely.
When I click on Internet Explorer they go to the home page and seem okay. However, when I navigate away from the home page it goes to the requested site, stays there for about three seconds, and then goes to a blank white screen.The address displayed is:
http://assets.loomia.../setcookie.html (Loomia is apparently a social networking site.)
I have done searches and deleted whatever I could find with the loomia name but it just keeps coming back. It seems very strange to me that two of the seven are fine while five are not.
Please help if you can. I have spent a fair bit on wires and the hub, and my kids really need the computers to have internet.
Thanks!
Rob Johnson

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.