Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista froze when trying to uninstall program

• Please log in to reply

rookie00

rookie00

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I downloaded iTunes 8.0 recently, and since then my laptop keeps on restarting itself when I'm in the middle of using it. Sometimes the monitor just goes black, but all the indicator lights are still on. I tried changing the setting so that the monitor won't go on standby. I thought by doing that the laptop monitor won't go black suddenly, but what happened was when I left the laptop on for some time, the laptop froze. When I found out that iTunes is the reason that my laptop is in this state, I went to check for solutions in the Apple website. Then they told me to uninstall the old iTunes, then install the new iTunes. I tried uninstalling it, then my laptop froze. I also tried using System Restore back to where I haven't got iTunes installed yet, but then it froze too.
So what I need is, an answer on how to get iTunes off my laptop, or how to get System Restore running.
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Revo Uninstaller Freeware

http://www.revounins...e_download.html

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Revo Uninstaller Freeware

http://www.revounins...e_download.html

rookie00

rookie00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I don't think I can trust those kinds of programs, they seem kind of dangerous.

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Have you tried uninstalling it in safe mode?

rookie00

rookie00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes I have, it still froze when I tried it.

Jeff Berndsen

Jeff Berndsen

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
If you cannot uninstall it even in safe mode, and are not willing to use a freeware uninstall utility, then your only other option is to not use the program.

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Support instructions for uninstalling here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1926

rookie00

rookie00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you all for replying. But somehow my computer just lets me uninstall iTunes now and now I've uninstalled the new one. Thanks again everyone.