Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's A Good Home Solution To Clean & Wipe Lcd Monitors?

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Hi everyone,

I own a 39 inch LG LCD HDTV which I use for cable/hdtv. I will be buying a LCD pc monitor soon. & I'd just like to know if there's any safe way to clean LCD screens without having to buy those $30 liquids bottles from places like Best Buy. I mean is there some way to make a home solution out of water or something else? I know you can't use Windex but I sure am not going to be spending tons of cash at Best Buy for some brand name cleaner in today's day where money well saved is best kept in the bank.

I know you must clean an LCD screen with a microfiber cloth... Those are cheap and anyone can get their hands on them. But I'm confused about these types of clothes. Reason being that I purchased two of them recently and one is soft and looks like the kind of cloth used on eyeglasses but yet a lot softer without the threaded eyeglass cloth look. While the other microfiber cloth I bought is much thicker, looks more like a towel, and feels like it tries to grab your skin when you wipe your hands with it [some sort of tiny strong fiber hair type feel]. I have no idea which one of these two is a true microfiber cloth. Or if they both are with just different types of texture than which would be the one to use on an LCD screen?

It would be nice if I could have a lot of people agree on the same answers. Or different home solutions for a liquid cleaner with cleaning/wiping instructions.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
The microfibre that "grabs" your hand sounds like the stuff we use that is anti-static.... As far as I know either shoud work though you must remember to not apply pressure.... as far as making your own cleaning solution... uh no I don't know of anything.... personally I feel if you can afford to buy 39"lcd a little bottle of cleaner isnt that bad to keep it looking/working good. We have stuff here called Monitor Lizard that isn't quite as expensive as you said ( about half that though the bottle is small...)