Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Window Application Errors- And A Different Error..

• Please log in to reply

Jir

Jir

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Well, recently I downloaded something, (I dont remember what it was), which I believe gave me, a virus. -.-
When I start up my computer, EVERY THING has a application error..., with the Code 0xc0000005. I know the program to get rid of the virus, which is RegRun.. but it won't let me load it, or ANYTHING, which is a huge problem. After awhile, the computer shuts down and says:
STOP: C000021a {Total System Error}
The Windows Logon Process System Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
Yes, it says it twice, well, just what I need.. There's a second cure for everything, or third... hopefully. I do NOT want to restore, or waste money FINDING OUT I have to...., If you know the solution, please tell me :)

EDIT 2: Then later I get a different error:
STOP: d0000144 Unknown Hard Error
Unknown Hard Error
--
And then after I try to go on after Welcome: Stop: C0000145{Application Error}
The application failed to intialize properly (0x C0000005) CLick on ok to terminate (There is no ok button on a blue screen...)
Physical memory dump complete (..) Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.. (I only got this error once.

Well, expect to see more edits.... :) :) :) :)

P.S. I also tried looking at another topic simular to mine.. but just about "How to STOP 0xC000021A" Error, saying to run the command "System Root\System32\Drwtsn32.exe" in Command Prompt, but it not letting me..

Edited by Jir, 29 September 2008 - 07:09 PM.

Advertisements

LORIANN26

LORIANN26

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I ALSO RAN INTO THE SAME PROBLEM TODAY AND I CANT FIGURE ANYTHING OUT! IF YOU FIND A WAY TO FIX IT PLEASE IF I FIX THE PROBLM I WILL BE SURE TO POST IT ON HERE FOR YOU ALSO! THANKS!!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
remove the hard drive and slave it to a working system....run all the malware tools against the slaved drive...after getting rid of any malware it finds...back up your data while its still connected to the working computer....
reinstall the drive to your system and then do a repair on windows...lowdown is here..

LORIANN26

LORIANN26

• Pip
  • 5 posts
im sorry but i have no idea where to even bgin to do that. could you walk me through it?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
do you have a friend that has a little more computer knowledge help you with this...
you basically take the hard drive out of your computer and connect it to another computer and then use the AV and malware tools that are on the good system to scan your hard drive for malware...when done doing that...burn all your data to cd/dvds ...then put the drive back in your computer...

LORIANN26

LORIANN26

• Pip
  • 5 posts
OH ...IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTION?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
maybe someone else can help you...

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
happyrock, I got a laptop and an Computer, is it possible? I mean don't they have different hard drives..

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you can get a usb to ide/sata adapter like the one here...its the same one I use...
you will be able to connect the laptop drive to the tower or the tower hard drive to the laptop...costs 20 bucks

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
How would I specifially be able to set it up?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
remove the drive from the problem computer...plug it to the appropriate adapter on the usb to ide adapter...
plug in the adapter power chord...plug adapters usb connector to the good computer and boot the good 1 up...
it would then show up in my computer on the good system as another drive...the drive letter will depend on how many other drives are on the good system