Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Do I Connect a Wireless Access Point to a Wireless Router?

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I'm currently trying to connect my new Netgear Wireless Access Point to my Netgear Wireless Router to make the range of my wireless network larger and strengthen the signal, however I'm running into some trouble whenever I go into the basic settings on my Access point and try and put the IP info in it isn't excepting it. I was hoping someone might be able to help out and walk me through how to set this access point up? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Is anyone able to give me any advice? I would really appreciate it thanks.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Wireless access points you just plug them in via network cable to the router. That's all. Seriously.

You then connect to the access point's signal and the IP address you get is one that would have been given to you had you connected directly to the router.