Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Display resolution keeps changing

• Please log in to reply

geno368

geno368

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
I am working on an HP 552W with a Pent 4 XP home system. It has 1Mb ram and 2.0 ghz proc. Every time I set the resolution to 1024 x 768, it doesn't keep the setting... Is My video card the problem? What do I need to check? Thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi geno368!

Go into the Device Manager (START-->RUN and type devmgmt.msc and click OK) and see if there are any yellow !'s or ?'s listed. If there are, please post them here.

Fenor

geno368

geno368

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Thanks for the help....none showing at all...I opened the case to see what kind of video card she had, but it doesn't have one..I guess it is PCI on motherboard??? I went online and checked in device mgr to see if a later driver was needed, but it said no. I re-ran a new virus program and it found one and removed it...I then reset the resolution and it stayed ok for 2 days and then reverted back again..what to check now?