Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer and Dr Watson Debugger

• Please log in to reply

kashieguru

kashieguru

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi geeks,

I recently got my laptop fixxed by a computer store and they have reinstalled my windows pro, and put on service pack 3. Ever since I have gotten it back, I've been getting window explorer errors to my ntdll.dll file, and I am also getting a dr watson message as well. This only occurs when I open a folder of any type of media files such as thumbnails, songs, videos, anything media related. I also uninstalled k-lite video codec pack, considering it could be the problem, which it wasn't.

These are my errors:

Windows Explorer

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.5512 ModName: browseui.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2900.5512 Offset: 00001b97
C:\DOCUME~1\Kash\LOCALS~1\Temp\1649_appcompat.txt
(Which doesnt exist)

^ I've never gotten this msgs till now, it usually is ntdll.dll

NTDLL.DLL Version 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)

Also getting the same msg AppName: explorer.exe but ModName:Hungapp

The other msg is the Dr. Watson debugger message.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Kashie

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi kashieguru ...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
I just found this in the unanswered threads...sorry for the delay... :)

did you ever get this resolved...
if not...
you need to run sfc /scannow...
if you don't have a xp cd you will have to borrow one from a friend or coworker...
it has to be the same flavor of xp you have installed...IE: if you have xp pro...the one you borrow has to be xp pro

How to use Scannow sfc...

The main reason for using this utility is when you suspect there may be a problem with a Windows XP system file.

Perhaps you get a dialog box appear informing you of a problem with a .dll file, or your program will just not load! It is therefore worth checking to see if there are any corrupt system files using scannow sfc.

To do this click on start...run...then type in...sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

Mike Davis

Mike Davis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Try this. Fixed this for me.
http://www.bleepingc...hp/t192292.html