Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mozilla hijacked desktop

• Please log in to reply

thewurster4

thewurster4

• Pip
  • 8 posts
This took over my desktop and I have no idea how to get rid of it! Any ideas?

WARNING!
YOU'RE IN DANGER!

ALL YOU DO WITH COMPUTER IS STORED FOREVER IN YOUR HARD DISK. WHEN YOU VISIT SITES, SEND EMAILS... ALL YOUR ACTIONS ARE LOGGED. AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE THEM WITH STANDARD TOOLS. YOUR DATA IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR FORENSICS. AND IN SOME CASES FOR YOUR BOSS, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR WIFE, YOUR CHILDREN.

Every site you or somebody or even something, like spyware, opened in your browser, with all images, and all downloaded and maybe later removed movies or mp3 songs - ARE STILL THERE and could broke your life!

SECURE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!
REMOVE ALL SPYWARE FROM YOUR PC!

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
*edited by an Administrator. Do not post advice in the Malware forum until you are a full Staff member. Thanks!

Edited by ~Kat~, 02 May 2005 - 03:06 PM.

thewurster4

thewurster4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Um, I don't understand the edit. The only thing I put in the post is what is showing up on my desktop. Is there a problem? This has completely covered my desktop. And although I have Mozilla as my default browser, IE keeps popping up with the exact same message on a blue background. Help?