Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Restart

• Please log in to reply

talkingtree

talkingtree

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi,

Is there anyway to stop minor updates of vista? Because when I'm working on the computer, it randomly updates and when completed, it restarted = =

How do I stop it randomly restarting? No virus on computer since I scanned it.

PS, this is not a crashing case as other posts, as the restart shows "updating step 1 2 3 do not turn off power" etc

Edited by talkingtree, 30 September 2008 - 05:34 PM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Yes, If you go to the control panel and open security center you can change the automatic updates settings to check for updates but inform me before installing.

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
i just have my updates done at 3am every day

talkingtree

talkingtree

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
ohhh ic thnx!

talkingtree

talkingtree

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
actually, when i opened it (the setting says automatic update is off already ><)

i tried turning it off again (a new window pops up) but only showing a blank window which i cannot change

if i want to change to back to normal (such as automatic update) it wont allow me either