Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Connection Refused...

• Please log in to reply

Jessiah

Jessiah

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Alright, last week sometime I was listening to music on a site called "purevolume" ironically located at www.purevolume.com. i had x-ed the window out and came back later to listen and write in the forums. well when trying to access the main page i got this:

the typical "Alert" error saying "The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.purevolume.com"

ok, so no problem right? well I checked the site this morning around 7am. still no go. I went to school, logged on to the site with no problem. I came home tried again, no go on my computer. I asked my girlfriend to see if she could get on...no problem, she got on. I tried a different browser (currently using firefox) netscape and then internet explorer. No dice. Could someone explain this to me? I just don't understand why everyone else can get there and I can't, and could I resolve this annoying error?

thanks alot!

Advertisements

rem21

rem21

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the same sort of problem...plz some1 give some suggestion...

rem21

rem21

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Nobody can solve this prob? shame on u guys

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts

Nobody can solve this prob? shame on u guys

View Post

I must have missed your solution to this problem.

Jessiah, if you have any firewall installed, then this could be blocking a port required by that site.

Have you enabled Cookies?

Do you have any Cookies relating to that website, and if you do, try deleting the cookie and restarting your computer.

If that doesn't help, Back up your Cookies folder, and then delete all cookies -- restart your computer.

marinegeek59

marinegeek59

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
hey dude, also r u useing a locked hostes file if so check that tthe website is not in there , as well do u use firefox adblock if so check to make sure that its not in there.yeah and make sure u have cookies enabled,however if your webpage needs activex ff wont load it and you will need to use ie6 but it sounds like a firewall issue make sure if your useing a firewall to check that the port is open :tazz: keep fighting the good fight

rem21

rem21

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanx a lot Dan G and marinegeek59...i'lll follow those and let u know...