Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need help with my xbox 360 to my laptop!

• Please log in to reply

Patk

Patk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi! I have the newest HP Pavilion HDX 20.1-inch Notebook
and i connected my laptop to my computer with hdmi cable and i turn my xbox on and nothing happens to the xbox or my computer and i am just sitting looking at my screen wallpaper...
i am using windows vista by the way...
please help me what i should do?
thanks

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
could you clarify exactly what it is you are trying to do? from what you said you have your laptop connected to your computer and then you turn on your xbox.... you don't say that is connected in any way so I don't know why you would expect something to happen on the computer.

Patk

Patk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
o im sorry okay i have a laptop and im connecting the xbox 360 to the laptop its connected with an hdmi cord.
After i just turn the xbox on and nothing happens...

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Do you mean you're trying to use the laptop as the display for your XBox? If so, are you sure your HDMI on your laptop is input not output? Then, if it is an input, you'll have to change it so the screen is reading info from the HDMI port, as opposed to the internal video card.

Patk

Patk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
im using it as a screen yes i dont kno if it is input or output nor how to make it read the hdmi cord