Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exception Processing Message

• Please log in to reply

Kastor

Kastor

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there,

I bought a Kingston 19-1 media card reader (model FCR-HS219/1). The device has no drivers as you just plug it in the usb port of your PC like a memory stick. The problem is that whenever I insert a media card to the reader I get this message "Windows - no disk Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9" with 3 options: Cancel / Try Again / Continue. I click the "continue" button a few times and the message goes away. After a few secs the window comes back.
I can't really figure out why this message appears. I checked for conflicts with the drive letters but there is no such case.

Any suggestions?

Thanx!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
It could be caused by a program called dit.exe which is installed by some card reader software to allow you to name the drives and for them to have individual icons.

It runs on startup but it's not essential to install any software than came with your card-reader. The reader will work without it.

Initially you should test to see if it is causing you problems.

Run msconfig and if it appears in your startup list disable it and restart

if that solves your problem then delete dit.exe from your windows folder (you can also get rid of dit.dll, dit.ini and ditxp.exe)

You should also check the registry and delete any 'dit.exe' entries, using the registry's own find tool in the top menu bar.

Kastor

Kastor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi pip22,

I'll do that today and I'll let you know.

Thanx.

Kastor

Kastor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I searched for dit.exe but there is no such file in the disk.
On the other hand I did it remember sth yesterday that might have some relation.A year ago I used a program called D-tools so as to create a virtual dvd drive and be able to play a game. Of course I removed that virtual drive months ago.
Do you think that this might cause the problem or it's completely irrelevant?