Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

QUICKTIME FOR OS10

• Please log in to reply

PACINO DENERO

PACINO DENERO

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I GAVE UP ON QUICKTIME BECAUSE I FIGURED MY PROCESSOR WAS TOO SLOW 500 MGB POWER PC G3- AM I RIGHT? I DOWNLOADED WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 9.0 BUT HAVING NO LUCK WITH IT EITHER RUNNING OS10.3.9 PANTHER.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND - DO I NEED ANOTHER CODEC FOR QUICKTIME ON MY SYSTEM, MEMORY? I'M NOT VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT VIDEO ON MY MAC. PLEASE HELP :)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
First, your system meets the system requirements for Panther.

Next:
No audio from certain media content:
1. Open Audio MIDI Setup (/Applications/Utilities/), then check the Audio Output setting.
2. Change the Audio Output setting to 44100.0 Hz.
3. Quit Audio MIDI Setup.

PACINO DENERO

PACINO DENERO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply, but still having problem When I try to install Quicktime, in the install window it gives the error message " can't install QUICKTIME ON THIS DISC Drive - icon dimmed because a newer version of Quicktime is already installed."

There is no version of Quicktime on this hard drive, I trashed every install program I downloaded because got same error with all of them. I repaired permissions and restarted, no help. Deleted everything that had quicktime in it's title, no help?

I've never been able to play internet video on my system that worked right. I used to like Macs, but this Imac is making me consider a PC!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you may need to direct this question to a max specific forum.

Two suggestions: Make sure your logged in as root to do the install for quicktime. Trying installing in safe mode.