Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to delete the Administrator Account if I am the Real Admin?

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey there was, i need to ask u something about USER ACCOUNTS.
i was checking my system when suddenly i was in my command RUN and i typed " control userpasswords2 " which i got this USER ACCOUNTS as is shown in the image below:

Posted Image

Now my question comes here, How can i delete the Administrator Account and u are asking urself why he couldnt do that ?
Well the reason Why is because i tried it like 10 times and i couldnt delete it everytime when i try to delete the Administrator Account, it shows me this :

Posted Image

So now i answered ur question WHY ... back to the real problem is there some way to delete it without lose my information and stuff that i do have installed in my system.
Because when i change my account Mr.DrIxT-TrOx for Administrator Account and i rebooted the system there was other system without my softwares and games that i installed and when i went back to my account Mr.DrIxT-TrOx it showed my my softwares and games that im still having, so i would like to know if someone knows how to delete the Administrator account and without losing something installed in my Laptop if there is a way and u are totally sure it is! well i will do it and i will be so thankful.
By the way i also would to know if is it a good idea to Delete the ASPNET. Users or i just leave it like it was.

Thank for Reading and i will appreciate ur help as well.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

Am I correct in thinking that you normally log on using the Mr.DrIxT-TrOx account and that this account has all your stuff in and works ok?

If so, then firstly WHY do you want to remove the admin account?
Secondly, as far as I'm aware, you can't. You can disable it but not remove it.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
yeah u are totally right, all my stuff is in Mr.DrIxT-TrOx Account and why do i want to delete the administrator account? well cuz i dont even know how it got there and i was thinking if i have another account as manager it can remove memory from my system, but if i am wrong tell me u know i was just wonder ... but the might be some way to remove the Administrator Account making sure do not lose my stuff.

Thanks! i hope u answer me again. cya later.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
The "Administrator" account is a built-in account on Windows XP.
It's used if you lock yourself out of your own account for example.

The ASPNET is also a built-in user to Windows XP and I don't think you can delete this either.
The ASPNET user is installed on your computer when you install .NET framework. It is used when you run ASP.NET programs.
I wouldn't recommend removing it if it is even possible.

I think an appropriate sentence for this situation is:
"If it isn't broken, don't fix it" :)

The following link shows you a list of built-in user groups and users.
http://www.ss64.com/...ity_groups.html
I hope this clarifies something for you.

Regards,
Olrik

Edited by Artellos, 02 October 2008 - 01:50 AM.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Artellos, thank u for ur answer and well it semms like i cant do nothing about it ... i just wanted to delete that account :) but well dont worry Hey one more time thank u ! and i ll check that information out. cya around.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
I'm with Artellos on this one - the Administrator account is a built in account and is supposed to be there.