Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Uploading a banner on a website

• Please log in to reply

Valentineash

Valentineash

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Guys!

Need some help please to find out how to upload a flash banner with extension (.swf) on a website. The website was developed with mysql php programming.

Please help!

Thanks

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Don't understand why you are having problems uploading the Flash file to your web site. If you have uploaded other files/images, the flash shouldn't be any different unless that file type is filtered out for some reason.

lem.rar

lem.rar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Are you wondering how to embed a the flash within HTML?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Are you wondering how to embed a the flash within HTML?

@lem.rar: I will certainly address this issue when OP has made a response unless you are just posting to build up post points.

Valentineash

Valentineash

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am trying to upload a flash banner using dreamweaver onto a php site. The banner uploads but I cannot view it on the homepage. Pl help.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
did you put the .swf resource on the server?

Valentineash

Valentineash

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I am trying to upload a flash banner using dreamweaver onto a php site. The banner uploads but I cannot view it on the homepage. Pl help.

I followed the instructions to put the flash banner onto the dreamweaver file. I could see the banner embedded in the right place in the dreamweaver file. I then uploaded the file on to the server but when I go to the homepage of my website the banner is not seen. If there is a filter how do I remove the filter. Pl help