Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting Front Panel To Soundcard

• Please log in to reply

hoopsman

hoopsman

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I am going to be getting a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy sound card pretty soon because my onboard is starting crackle and sometimes fades in and out.I want to still use my front panel headphones jack with it. What are my options?
thx

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Ensure the card you buy has capabilities to connect to front audio.
Normally tells you in its specifications, this is one of those areas where you really need to see it rather than buy it online.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
my friend is maybe going to give me an audigy card, and how would i know if it is capable of being hooked to the front panel?

Edited by hoopsman, 02 October 2008 - 04:32 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The card will have stand-offs or a section where front panel may be connected.
Alternatively the manual should confirm one way or another - Creative's site should have one.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
see the reason why i am getting an audigy is because on the website is says that its sound blaster 16 PCI(what i have now) doesnt have vista drivers. is there any way i can just use the xp drivers or is there some other site which has vista drivers?
thanks

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
can someone please respond?