Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 has invaded my start up page

• Please log in to reply

joepat

joepat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I start up msn now appears on my startup page this has never appeared before . I tried to take instructions from microsoft but to no avail it seems that ie7 is not in the place it was downloaded to. So after combing through my computer I found that indeed it was on the computer. tried to remove no dice. tried to remove it inadd and remove no luck installed ie8 thinking that would rid me of it no such luck. I hate this program where it has invaded my space .tried finally to remove msn no luck am sitting here wondering who made this simple computer a wild and crazy box and why. joepat

Advertisements

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
If you mean msn is your start page, just change it by going to tools>options>main(tab)> and change the address.
If you mean msn messenger is appearing on startup on your computer, then go to run>msconfig click startup tab and uncheck msn.exe
Was a lil confused of your intentions :) could you explain a bit better, we can get this fixed :)

Tony

Edited by IrrevocableXenophile, 02 October 2008 - 08:22 AM.

joepat

joepat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
tony thank you for your prompt answer .What it was msn page appears on start up trying to get rid of it you try to exit this then allows it to install. If you go to microsoft you will find a page which says that this occurs and it tells you the way it can be deleted hah!! No way tried all the things they say to no avail. This morning I decided to right click on the page went propertys opened it and from there deleted it. Its gone and now other people will not be plagued by one more thing that microsoft in all their wisdom trows at us. I do thank you for all the help., and will certainly use the other useful piece of info. sincerely joepat.

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Glad I could almost help :) Haha.