Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website flash not working [READ CAREFULLY]

• Please log in to reply

IHeartDropDead

IHeartDropDead

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Basically I'm new here and I know quite a bit about computers but I have a problem.

on www.iheartdropdead.com, It keeps coming up with a flash player error even though I have updated my flash player many times, and closing web browsers after installing, done everything to do with the flash player and it still does not work.
I have used Google Chrome with it, still fails, Internet Explorer 7, failed, Mozilla Firefox, failed.

Can someone please help me?
thanks,
toby

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Personally, I think the problem is their lousy coding of the web page and use of the following script to load the Flash as I don't have problems on any other site after I turn on JavaScript for the page:

<script type="text/javascript">
	// <![CDATA[

var so = new SWFObject("flash/dropdead_Base.swf?sec=&cat=&id=&ses=u72l7bn6evik9mibso3jbhu2i1", "DROPDEADCLOTHING", "100%", "100%", "8", "");
		so.addVariable("", "");
		so.addParam("scale", "noscale");
		so.write("flashcontent");

// ]]>
</script>

HTML Coding Errors

Edited by Major Payne, 02 October 2008 - 07:44 AM.

IHeartDropDead

IHeartDropDead

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yes but, what can I do to be able to access the website on google chrome or firefox or ie?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Well, I downloaded Adobe's Flash Player for Firefox, returned to site and turned on JavaScript temporarily for the page and it played just fine for me. Try that.