Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CS 1.6 Sound Problems

• Please log in to reply

Logitek

Logitek

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
well ... love the new site design it's been a while since I've been here but here goes ... :)

Whenever I play Counter-Strike 1.6 for 30 - 40 mins my sound turns to static for about 2 mins and my PC just freezes with that annoying static buzz-like .Sometimes it recovers by itself, but mostly it causes my PC to just freeze . I installed windows xp sp2 twice on a clean HDD, reinstalled sound card drivers & video drivers, opened the PC case and cleaned the PCI slots and the sound card, moved it to another PCI slot and so on but the problem persists ...
I run the game in 800x600 Resolution, 32 bit and OpenGL . (HardCore CS 1.6 playa' :) ) :) :)

My specs are :

AMD Duron 1300 Mhz
Acorp 7KTA(P) Motherboard
Motherboard Chipset - VIA VT8363 Apollo KT133
384 Mb SDR ( 3 x 128 Mb PC 133 [ LAT: 3.3.3.6 ] )
Western Digital Caviar 80 Gb 7200 RPM - 2 Mb Buffer ( ATA33 )
nVIDIA GeForce 4 Titanium 4200 with AGP8X - 128 Mb DDR 128 Bit ( AGP 4x )
ASUS CD-RW 52x24x52x - 2 Mb Buffer
Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value ( PCI, 5.1, EAX )

I need some help with this one please, because I only play a game and that's CS 1.6 ...

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisements

Logitek

Logitek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Ahh ..come on guyz ... you don't have to a be geniuses to solve my issue ... at least give me some ideas or tips ... Please :)

it's not that hard :)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
make sure that on board audio is disabled (bios setting).

make sure your drivers are updated.

chances are that your looking at a hw issue. Due to the age of your system, your options are limited.

Logitek

Logitek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
well ... in the onboard audio is disabled I checked many times ... (even enabled it so I could compare... same thing tho)

My Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value ( PCI, 5.1, EAX ) Drivers are from 2001 I guess the install kit is only 23.3 Mb in size and i couldn't find anything better ... I got other drivers but it seemed that they were only for Audigy and XFi and stuff like that ... I could bet it's coming from the final directx I have installed ... 9.0c final
I ran Creative Diagnostics and it seemed fine ... also a couple of directx audio tests ...

So how can I downgrade the 9.0c version of direct X I have to let's say ... 9.0b or older ... & where can I find some better drivers for my sound card since it's not officially supported by creative anymore ... a little HELP !

cheers :)

Edited by Logitek, 07 October 2008 - 01:16 AM.