Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not load a speciffic web page

• Please log in to reply

Zuko

Zuko

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running XP. I have been having a problem trying to get www.myspace.com to load on my laptop at home for the last two months. I keep getting the web address not found, but if I keep trying to get in over and over it will let me in. I have tried to get to the website on other computers and there is no problem. I have used other browsers and I have the same problem. I have cleared the browser history and cookies and all that stuff and also entered the address in manually but to no avail. I have tried just about everything I can think of. This problem only happens with MySpace. Can someone please help?

Advertisements

baudwalker

baudwalker

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Your problem can be hidden in so many places it is frightening!

First look at your Virus / Firewall protection.....I had Nortons decide to exclude Myspace on a few systems

The IP could be blocked by spyware software as well, and even your HOSTS file may well have an entry excluding it

I would track down what software YOU have that is NOT on the systems that can access it and start there

Baudy! :)